Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

HUM - TUM


Long ago, God made this world and took some rest. Then God made boys, he became so happy, so he took some more rest. Then he did the greatest mistake and he made girls and after that neither the God could take rest neither we - the boys. In addition, the world was divided into two groups, HUM means boys, and TUM means girls – a famous dialogue from the Bollywood movie HUM TUM.

Last year, I visited Bokaro for two reasons. First and most important, I had to collect my passing certificate and the security money, and to meet my old friends, friends of greatest ever in term of fun, 12 C. we were in touch through g talk or by phone. As per plan, I went and collected the document in the morning but i couldn’t get the money; I told all of them to meet in the noon, as I had to catch the train at about 8: pm. They all planned for a get- together party but unfortunately only six of us could manage to come and gathered in the city park of the city, four boys and two girls. We all got engaged in the some college stuff like, whether anyone has a girlfriend or not? How many proposals did we get? I also got a comment that I had build up my body, some biceps. I noticed myself when I heard this. Really, people are getting blind day by day. After this stupid and funny stuff, we ordered Chowmin, as we came in a restaurant situated amid of the park. I was sitting in front of a girl. the Order came. So, either of us had to serve the Chow min, I offered her to serve but she insisted me to do this. I didn’t say anything, as I always feel shy in front a girl, more than a girl would , In fact I uttered only 10 -30 words during the whole so called party. I made to slip down the Chow min into her plate and paused for a moment, ‘It would be less,’ I thought, so , I put down some more Chow min on the plate. ‘ Sanjeev, it s too much. I don’t want to be fat. You know how oily this is? How would you know? You are a boy.’ She blurted out, it seemed as though her boyfriend fled away with my girlfriend. I was amazed, moreover you can say, bemused over what she means by ‘You are boy, you wouldn’t understand.’ It means she is a girl and girls have some natural power to measure oil contents in any food stuff, even they could stop eating plain rice in the name of fat and calories. Health doctor must consult to this type of naturally gifted girl. I am still confused on what I did, which made her to blurt that, it seemed that I did some unavoidable mistake, and I deserved a punishment. After this, we finished our lunch; the Demon i mean the waiter came with the bill and sledded. All giggles, jocular tone, jokes stopped suddenly. This time Newton’s third law was proved, equal and opposite reaction law. Giggle turned into silence and in amazed look and all we knew what our eyes and strained face wanted to convey, ‘WHO WILL PAY THE BILL?’ One of my friends already on seeing the bill told that he hadn’t a single buck. Three of us squinted. A boy sitting beside me whispered in my ear,’ why should only we pay? Why not girls?’ A good question of why do boys have to empty their pockets for years. Why do we always suffer from these problems, a major threat to boys, bigger than global warning, because in global warming, all of us would die but in this only we, the boys are dying. All the authority all over world should conduct a meeting over this instead of global warming, surprisingly even China will not protest over this topic. At last, the three of us paid the bill.

Personally i think that this should be stopped. When it comes to give a seat in the train, bus or when it comes to stand in the queue whether it is ticket reservation counter or Mec donald burger counter, the rule says me first. However, when it comes to pay the money then, the same rule turns upside down and says ‘you first’. All rules say conditions apply. Even here, But this wrong. I still couldn’t understand how ladies first system fails when it comes to pay money. On this, I spoke to my friends ( two girl friends , ohh, don’t go on the apparent meaning of this word, I mean to say a friend who is girl). One of them supported my point and said that she always offers money at least of her share whether it is restaurant or anything. Thanks to her...... something is better than nothing. the Other friend refused. She said that this is universally accepted. Therefore, the boy will pay the money and on the other hand, it is unmannered to ask money from a girl.

Is it unmannered to ask money from a girl? In addition, it is mannered to empty down the wallet of a boy, even he is spending money of his parent like her. My point is that in this age, we all live on our parent’s money, and parents send money to both of us, so, it is unmannered to say only to boys to spend money. The mannerism comes when we all share the money. It will look unmannered when a boy has a job, earns money, and expects money from the other side. I think the he could pay the whole bill or whatever.

8 comments:

Avnish Chandra Suman said...

i dont blame girls for it...no boyfrnd ever allowed a girl to pay for sumthin,
so i think it became their natural attitude. how ever even after knowing that boys may not accept money ,
they must atleast propose an offer.
sorry to be too critic, i think u completely failed in proving any of your points,blog wasnt funny at all,
it just revealed a bad day at your so called party that ypu didnt njoyed..
if you want to make something look funny, leave all dislikes, make all bad experiences look funny, even try making fun of yourself.

it was a good idead to rite a funny post ...
U are capable of a lot-2 better. This one looked more like a personal diary, we exect more than that ......

Anonymous said...

I think this is a good start. I find this post really funny and I think considering it ur first funny post I will give you 3.9 out of 5.

priyanshu@IIT said...

ohh! once again I forgot to write my name on the last comment. sorry!

Unknown said...

HMMMMM.......m d 1st girl postin cmnt on ur dis anti-girl blog.....
waise wud u mind tellin d name of d girls u described????i hope i might b knoin dem....nyways....coming 2 ur blog....wot ithnk is dat d bills,fares n dose kin f stuffs cud b shared....infact SUD b shared....bt in terms f ego n attitude girls sud always have n edge....n u kno....we demand more respect....dats inborn...so ur nxt blog sud b in praise f girls....okkkkk....

Rohit said...

agree mate...u got some points....!
nice blog... :) !

Rohit said...

who wer d gals by d way....:O!

Unknown said...

hah!..i tink ,i can guess d name f some f d ppl dere...nice one ,but..!
n as a grl,m not complaining who is paying d bill!! :)

Anonymous said...

hmmmm.... cud get almost every name..... bt u shud nt hav postd it.....