Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

COURTSEY AND MANNERS GO HAND IN HAND

Last night, I phoned my friend, he said, ‘I am busy now. I will call when I will be free.’ On being asked what he is doing, he said, ‘I am watching a movie. And he said that he will message me after two hours.’ I said, ‘sure?’ he said, ‘sure.’ However, I have not got a call or message till writing this blog.

One more incidence. People, often come on g talk to be in touch with each other. One day, I was also online as usual, as I like to chat with my friends, old friends. I wrote to a friend, his is in IIT, ‘ hi ’. And he replied ‘I am busy.’ I replied, ‘okay, take care. Bye.’ He did same 2 -3 times, with same reply, busy. I thought he don’t want to talk to me. He uses to be online most of time. After few day, when I was chatting with another friends, he said the same about him. Moreover, I could manage a smile only.

People often pretend to be busy, and most times for showing off. People should know, in fact they know, no one is too busy or too big to show courtesy. In reality, most of them are busy in what, either in gossiping or watching movies. If you are busy, say him/ her, I am busy and call him/ her after finishing your work. But most of them they do not do this. But even after this, they want to be respected and say you later, hey you are coming busy these days. How cheap they are?

Let me give an example. We often, go to restaurant. Waiter comes, slides plates on the table, and serves food rudely. We finish the food, no matter how much food is delicious but you are still annoyed. Why? Because waiter behaved very rudely. In addition, you felt bad. Even our other friend say, ‘ no one will give him the tip as he did not serve well.’ Now think over it. You ate in a a good restaurant of city, but it don’t matter, what matter is the waiter behavior. Apply this over your life. for a very good personality, it is not necessary whether you are from IIT , NIT or some mediocre college because when you go anywhere and meet the people, you aren’t holding your degree tag in your hand, or it is not written on your forehead. What matters is your behavior. How do you response when a person come and talk to you? Many talented and people have destroyed their success because they lack courtesy and manners. Courtesy and manners makes you cultured.

“Rudeness is the weak man’s imitations of strength’ Eric Hoffer.

All we want is to be respected. In addition, for that we have to give respect to others. We should practice courtesy. Courtesy can be a ‘warm smile’ and ‘thank you’. It is small investment but payoff big. You might not know but it creates others person self worth.

I came across who punch vulgar joke upon you and when you get hurt, they say, you are my friends and don’t take seriously and it is mere a joke.

‘ When someone blushes with embarrassment , when someone carries away an ache, when something sacred is made to common, when someone’s weakness provides the laughter, when profanity is required to make it funny, when a child is brought to tears or when everyone can’t join in the laughter , it’s poor joke’ Cliff Thomas.

Remember, you fun may kill others feeling. We all often see, small kids throw stone on Frogs for fun, but your fun may take his life. This is not fun for Frogs.
I, practice courtesy as much possible as I can. Some my friend say me, I am boring. I don’t care and i know courteous person always respected, not here, but everywhere else.

Suppose a person talks rudely. What you do? You stop talking. You don’t care for him. Lose respect for him/her. Now, when you talk to people rudely and are discourteous to others. What could you expect? You might expect an amiable behavior. Ask yourself,how? You are closing door by yourself. Now the same the people feel about you.

Remember, being courteous will breed courteous in return. In addition, courteous and mannered person are always respected.

6 comments:

Priyanshu said...

Here comes what I wanted to be on this blog, something different , something related to our day to day life.
Good work dear!
And I'll like to add that it's not always the case that if someone is saying that he is busy, it means he is avoiding you. take for example the case of the movie watching friend, he may be watching it along with a group of friends of him when you called and in this case your call might have disturbed his entire group. His friends might be waiting for his return so that to resume the movie. In that case if he says that he is busy you should understand . At least he has not lied to you.He might have said something else like studying etc. And remember that in college like IITs or NITs the work load is so much that one hardly gets a chance to sit with friends and watch a movie!! :)
And the act of not calling you back may be a mare instance of slip from mind!!
So my advice to u in nutshell is dont judge people in just one act. And if he has been your friend then before seeing intention behind his action think that if its his every day habbit. If its not then I think you are just splitting hair.
Best Wishes.. :)

Shashwat said...

I will go with Priyanshu. You know these misunderstandings are responsible for breaking of relationships between good friends.So never make conclusions in a hurry and this applies for all cases.

Anonymous said...

Hi...
I like the way you've shared your thoughts, happens all the time. Especially now, with all the social networking sites and all, these things happen all the more frequently. With friends, you need to forget and forgive, no big deal..
Anyways, great work, keep bloggin!!

Avnish Chandra Suman said...

What you said is true.......
but let me add ...more than manners now a days means like gtalk have become a mere timepass where things like emotions,commitment doesnt matter.. its like a addiction .. so never expect from nybody to pay your whole attention there.

as far as first incident you mention is concerned... it might be result of two things...... 1. no hurt that guy in sum or other way
2> you no more matter to him/her
........ and none of case apply.. give one more chance....... and if it is same still ... he is no more your friend
.....
getting back .... gud blog....
gud topic...
1 more suggestion ... never praise yourself in a blog.. even if you want to.. just say in form of one of your friends...

looking 4ward for more .......

NABEEG Akram said...

manners are the unenforced standards of conduct which show the actor that you are proper, polite, and refined.it comes from within ive tried to module lotz of my buddies to be cultured mannered.. but i failed....

Unknown said...

hi hunk!!!!read ur thoughts....really touchin....but dis is what LIFE is.on my part all i think about manners is dat its all inborn n inbuilt..u cant enforce it. some people r made to show useless tantroms..jst have n attitude of WHO CARES towards dem..be proud to be U..respect urself...n others will follow...JST ROCK UR LIFE MAN.